The concept of free style writing revolves around the central idea of putting down words that may or may not relate to a particular topic and within a certain time period regardless of spelling or perhaps also grammar. I’ve written pages and pages during my English lessons in high school with all respect to my free-flowing thoughts and overcrowded brain with tons of ideas, questions and theories. The teacher would just call out a particular topic at the start of the stop watch and we would all write and write and write till the beep goes and she says STOP NOW! However we were encouraged to aim at writing with the correct spellings and grammar to score in the activity.
I thought it would be interesting if I could nominate some of my fellow followers to let their thoughts flow without any limits except of course the TIME.
So here goes the RULES of this challenge:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
When you read mine below you would know what free style writing is all about. Trust me this can get lame, to sane to insane to magical with ideas I don’t know where they came up from. That is how crazy this gets. Once you start STOP NOT TILL IT’S TIME. I asked my sister to call out a random topic for me:
The 5 minutes free style writing challenge.
“Ok so I have to write abut exams only because my sister has her exams and when I asked her give me a topic all she could think of was exams. Well it has almost been 3 years since I have sat for one and have actually missed it ever since. There were times we use to wish when school life will be over and when we would start university and then we would be bombarded with assignments and research work at university which is only worse. Along the years we would start wondering when we would graduate and start earning some money. When we were younger al what we thing about was when would this pace of life end and when we would start doing adult things and get in to the adult life, only to grow up and realie we should have taken our time and enjoyed what was rather easy in life that time compared to what we are facing now in life. So I would say exams are not all that bad after all at least not as much as how much we use to hate them when we were yunger. Exams well what else can I talk about exams. They were definitely disliked. Looks like Ive spoken about how much we hated them already so let me say how I prepared for them. I use to make short otes and studied my short notes without reading from the test books I always referred the notes and they were enough for me. Actually it took me more time making notes than study fo the exams.”
No of Words: 269
In the haste of my typing (which I am not very fast at), I have made some mistakes and they are highlighted above! 🙂
YOUR TOPIC IS : Watching TV