1) Do you have a unique talent? feel free to tell what it is! but you don’t have to.
Well, ummm Unique, I’m not sure but I’m good at selling even the most useless things just by speaking and negotiating. Once at high school there was an exhibition and we were asked to make money by selling practically nothing but things made of waste. I did a good earning that day selling coconut shell ornaments, yarns and things like that at very high prices. So yes, I guess that’s sort of my Unique Talent. I can also roll my eyes giving that ripple effect, if you know what I mean. And yes bend my thumb towards the knuckle of my thumb making the shape of an “o”. Wierd eh?
2) What is your favorite surah in the Quran?
Surah yaseen, Al-Fathiha, Ahadh, Nas and Falaq (I recite them all for good health and protection from evil eyes, all types of evil and dangers) Alhamdhulillah they have worked for me. SubhanAllah. ALSO Surah Mizzammil, usually before I face an interview or before my husband goes for an interview or discussion on pay raise, holiday or any request to a higher official. I HAVE BELIEF IN ITS POWER.
3) Which Prophet’s story do you love the most and why?
I guess I like the story of Prophet Yousuf alaihissalam the most, for his honesty, purity, innocence.
4) Do you have any children?
Yes I have a son aged 1yr and 2 weeks now
6) Where are you originally from?
I’m from Srilanka.
7) If there’s one advice that you would give to everyone in the world, what would that advice be?
Be real, be yourself, live the moment and be thankful to whatever Allah has already given you.
8) What do you enjoy doing the most?
Apart from my profession (interviewing people at various levels and assessing them on the best job fit) I enjoy high tea buffets, coffee shops and shopping a lot, essentially in the same order haha.
9) What is the number one quality you admire in a person?
Being practical and intellectual (if i have to choose one, then practilectual!!!!)
10) Are you serious or silly/carefree person?
I’m more of a mixed bag, I am what you want me to be. It depends on where and with whom I am. Generally I am serious in what I say, I always mean whatever I say.
11) What book have you read recently that you absolutely love?
I don’t like reading very much. I hate it in fact. So I haven’t really read a full book in recent times.
Here are my answers to questions from Its PH:
1. What is you nick name? How proud of it are you?
Umm I dunt have one.
2. Which is your favorite city and why? How related are your friends and favorite city?
I love Sunway In Malaysia. The best times of my life have been in Malaysia with my Uni friends. My best and closest friend lives in Sunway.
3. Which is your favorite food that you would like to cook yourself and eat? and tell everyone about it.
I’d love to make spaghetti Bolognese. Nits easy to make and I love to make it when there’s ground beef in the fridge and spaghetti at home and when I have just 20 mins to make something before I’m too hungry.
4. Given an opportunity, whom would you like to interview?
Interviewing being my profession I think I’ll do justice interviewing anyone you’d like to watch me interview hahah. I can’t really think of anyone. There is nothing much I want to question from those movie stars or celebrities that I like. I wouldn’t even take a picture with my most favorite actor or actress if I am to see them spontaneously somewhere. Id say hi may be.
5. Write a sentence with no vowels in it. Give a try. If not possible, write a four line poem on vowels.
A E I O U…. English is not possible without u
A E I O U ….. in between every word is one of u
I cant think further. 😦
6. What is your idea of surprise birthday treat?
If I am to surprise any one on their birthday I would make an effort to get to know what they want at that point of time the most and get them that item or experience as a surprise.
7. Which one is your favorite movie that you would like to watch when its raining heavily and your are with hot snacks and coffee?
I’d opt for some chocolate churros, some chicken pastries and a big mug of coffee and then I would want to watch “The Notebook” with my husband curled up in our bed/sofa.
8. How do yo imagine your dream home to be? Does it have pets? which ones? A pond? what else?
As cute as this question rhymes, I’d love my house to have 3 bedrooms ( with attached bathroom), 1 guest room, 1 prayer room, a big back yard with fruit trees, a front porch with rose bushes, two storey preferably and located in Australia or Canada. No pets please, not even fish sorry. I want my house to be easy to clean and maintain with minimal but classy furniture and lots of free space, preferably the ground floor like a studio room, fully open. Painted in white, my bedroom in peach, my son’s in teal and white. The imagination goes on….
9. Life, for you in two sentences. It is a shit? or a shift?
Haha, be happy with what you have in this life, pray for the best for everyone around you.
10. With whatever may concern, when do you like? when do you comment?
I’m confused with what you’re trying to mean. I’m sorry.
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I am a Tally, taller than the average Srilankan girl. Read “The perks of being a tall woman” here.
- I am a psychology major who wants to have a career in human resources particularly in recruitment. I also love lecturing and training adults.
- I hate reading unless it is of academic necessity (e.g.: for an exam or research work)
- I like only tall men essentially taller than myself. For me the rest of them who are below my view line are not even existing let alone be considered “men”. I practically spent 2.5 years to find a man that fit my profile along with the taller than me quality! Worth the wait Alhamdhulillah!
- I evolved a lot over time and experience. Motherhood has mellowed me down a lot. I use to be a talkative bubbly outspoken girl. Now I am well I can say more matured and cognitively structured! 🙂
- I love making friends, online or offline but surprisingly I don’t have many.
- My friends (those that I have in real life since childhood) love me for my wit, practicality, ability to empathize and be volatile as per their mood. I just fit in.
- I don’t like having pets, I don’t like growing plants or gardening
- Receiving flowers don’t really mean much to me like for most girls
- One day i would love to drive through New York Skyline InshaAllah
My Questions for my Nominees
- What was your purpose of starting a blog?
- Whats your take on having life long online friends? Do you think it is practical? Would you have one?
- If you have read at least one post in my blog, what was the post and what was one good thing about my writing and one thing I can improve on as per you? (I am smartly trying to get some remarks from my fellow followers)
- What is one TV show you grew up watching?
- What is your religion and what is your definition of GOD?
- As much as you might love your present life, if you were t change some things in it, what would be those 3 aspects? How different would your life be with those changes?
- Share a few words about one of your best holidays?
- If you are married what is that one thing you like the most about your spouse? If you are unmarried what would be that one thing you expect in your future spouse?
- Which part of the world do you live in? Where are you originally from?
- What would you like to receive as your birthday gift this year from anyone you choose?
- How old are you? (you may choose not to answer this) 🙂 I was just out of questions hehe!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)